Saturday, March 26, 2016

Production day 2; desk

Shooting the desk Scene

The desk scene is a very important image in Hues of Bl(u)e, as I mentioned before, the purpose of this scene is to establish the main character through objects. There were many objects added to this scene that were elements of a self portrait. I particularly loved the atlas in the back wall, telling us right away the importance travelling for Veronica. The boxes surrounded her making her looked trapped in "emptiness" as it was mentioned in a previous post. I also added some hidden personal journals on her desk. I added two bossanova books as well (bossa nova sounds have a huge presence in my music library, in another life I am pretty sure I was a bossa nova singer in Rio de Janeiro). I also added a book about Salvador Dali (I am passionate about the Surrealist art movement). And finally I also added a mannequin with a red dress that I am planning Veronica to wear in another scene, the mannequin is one of my personal belongings, I've had it since I was in middle school in the hopes of becoming a fashion designer one day, but in only became a piece of decoration and a place to hang other things, I give it its correct purpose on this scene laughing at myself basically, making one of my personal wishes real through Veronica's character. Veronica's costume is very important and I will dedicate another post to talk entirely about her appearance. 





Here is a time lapse video of the scenes shot from above. (Wes Anderson inspired)

Especial Thanks to Ariana, Maru, and my aunt Magly.

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of the map in the back to show that she travels a lot, as well as the boxes to portray that she is trapped in emptiness. The pictures really showed what was described in the posting and I believe that you are on the right track and the objects in that scene are portraying the message exceptionally well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are quite a few spelling mistakes in your blog posts that you should fix!(including in your blog title). There are also run-on sentences you should maybe fix. Other than that, your blog is awesome! The idea is awesome and the film is clearly going to be great. I loved how detailed your blog posts were, I completely understand everything that you are trying to do, and am very impressed with your project thus far. I have no critics (other than grammar).

    ReplyDelete