Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Wrapping boxes

Today I am working on creating the set for the desk scene. I want Veronica to be seating on the desk sewing the map. However this place in particular is very important because this is where the audience will learn the most about who Veronica is. Her obsession with maps, her deep feelings towards the color blue, and her wish to leave. I am very inspired by this scene from Wes Anderson's The Grand Budapest Hotel.

I want Veronica's desk to be surrounded in blue boxes. As I spoke to my peer Kiara on our first group discussion the imagery of the boxes around her can create the feeling of being trapped and stuck, but the boxes are empty, so in essence being trapped by emptiness. The empty boxes are also symbolic of all the unopened experiences that are to be opened, all of the things that Veronica is anxiously waiting to encounter in her journey. 

Special thanks to mom, dad, Maria, Cesar and Karif who came over to help me wrap empty boxes.











1 comment:

  1. I love your blue box idea for you film! You did such a good job in creating a visually interesting symbol through blue boxes in your movie as that adds value to a film. Your interest in this project and dedication is shown through the work it took to wrap all those boxes. Besides that, I really enjoyed reading your blog as through the posts you would tell stories that related to your project. Not only that but you would also relate your works to the works of famous directors as you did in this post. I also really enjoyed the gifs that you had throughout your blog as they are a great way to share information and it is one that people do not often think about using, myself included. I also liked that you posted pictures of yourself as you filmed as it shows all of the effort that you put into your production.

    ReplyDelete